Saturday, May 1, 2010

Choose Your Own Discrepancy

Depending on who you are, my discrepancy reports were quite entertaining. Depending on who you are.

At 13:59 lottery did not come down.
If you are in management Turn to Page 5.
If you have a sense of humor Just Continue Reading.

As I was saying, at 13:59 R36 stuck out it's tongue, which looks surprisingly like the blue screen of death.

Being a mere visitor to MC I can never be sure when something has changed...perhaps this is normal? FTP, DGrabber, Rosetta's Stone? I have no idea how spots get into the system anymore.

My bosses think this is WCIA. Go on and sleep with eyes wide shut. No one will ever have to kill us, no one ever tells us anything! Is this where I say, thank you?

After all I am just a trained Monkey. They took the humans out of the mix. Monkey push button. Monkey no think. I consult the binders, the WIKI, the weekend procedures. Monkey start phone chain. No answer, voice mail, human with no answer. It's the same thing every week. I just love consistency.

Getting an answer on the weekend is like hitting the lottery. One in a million. Call JB. That's my answer? And that number is where? Shall I just shout out JB like Bingo? "If you don't get her (Really?) just fill it with a minute Verizon."

Once upon a time the trained Monkey had information at her opposable thumbs. Now it's a dance with the one armed bandit. Without that master list, I'll just go on and watch each and every spot until I find that one you speak of. It's okay, I'm not doing anything else. I should get to about 312-38 by the time this needs to air.

And there I stood with a near blank piece of paper in my hands, just a simple JB written upon it. And an unknown stranger milling about next door. I don't have time for this. I have to bellow JB in hopes of winning Bingo.

She comes in and introduces herself, which I immediately forget. Sales, I heard sales. Ah...can you help me? Like a gift from St. Clare. Somewhere along the way the Monkey's neurons fired and sparked understanding. You are JB!

Bingo! Time to play the numbers. I'll just never know if I actually won.

PAGE 5
Everything worked perfectly.

1 comment:

Johnny Vector said...

Funny!

Wait, sales? So what'd she have you do, play a TVB spot? Or is it only radio that has to advertise itself to advertisers?