Friday, May 14, 2010

Edycation

Now what I want to talk about is the woman standing on Irving in a hospital gown, leaning on her IV pole, with a cigar teetering from her parched lip; however, I just very now promised a picture with every entry. Not 5 minutes ago. And me with my camera tucked away from the threatening storm.

The storm that never was. Not here, not now. But when Edy was pushing me out the room...that was a coat of another color. You know when it was pouring and she was giving me the scrunched nose, inward Edy eye...go on and beat the storm!

I stood my dry ground, and waited her out. And after coming up empty on the rainbow possibilities and learning about sun orientation, direction, and the Earth's tilt on its axis, I learned my head is not a sponge. And we'd be better served to find our way via satellite dishes on roofs than the fickle position of the sun...but I digress.

And so, encased in my trusty gortex of an orange color, carrying the weight of DC humidity upon my back, I swam my bike upstreet...oh, no it wasn't raining, but my handlebar might actually be a sponge. And I was thinking about licking it. Dreaming of a lollipop sponge. Mmmm, a sponge on a stick.

As I dropped into the park (of course, the wooded park) I saw a flash of light. I might have considered it my life flashing before my eyes, but Edy would have kilt me! As it were, it was closely followed by the rumbling of Mom Nature...or maybe Edy channeling a voice, echoing that Edy eye with an audible I told youyouyou!

Come to think of it maybe it wasn't Mom Nature at all. Maybe it really was the sound of a really hungry stomach. One that hasn't eaten in a month of Sundays. One in dire need of a sandwich, an oreo, a lozenge for Christ SAKE!

Sponge on a stick?

No comments: