Monday, May 31, 2010

Sibilance

So I was driving along...yes, driving. This was after a delightful girls only ride at Schaeffer. So I was driving along...

fssssssssssttt. I thought it was in the music. But it was so loud even once I turned down the stereo. Could it be some type of factory or construction noise? Here in park central Maryland? Doubtful. FSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTT...

I might have thought it was my tire but did I mention how loud it was? And conssssstttant. And unending. Surely I would have felt it by now if it were my tire. Right?

Wrong. Flattern' a pancake she was. Lost every breath of air in 'er. I'm not even sure why. I was just driving along, didn't hit anything, nothing sharp got to her, couldn't have been a snake bite.

But sure as the sibilance leaking from my trunk, that tire was flatter than Sir Stanley. Went from 50 to 0 in no time flat!

Right there hanging out in the trunk of my car. Sprung an illogical leak right there. A BIG one. Oh well, better the car tail than the bike trail!

No comments: