Tuesday, May 25, 2010

They're Lost is Their Loss


Slackers (n.) individuals who take the time to match their socks to their slacks. Hell, I don't even have time to match them to each other! Busy, busy, busy.

When they are loud and obnoxious like bike socks I don't see the point really. Since I never put clothes away (who has time for that?!) I can never find a matching pair anyway.

I betcha those Slackers even complain about not having any time. Meanwhile I'm off shoving a 10 mile bike ride into a 45 minute lunch break all the while trying to avoid becoming some taxi's latest hood ornament, which could make me late for work.

Yesterday I started as a Slacker. It's true. Real nice: pants, jacket, real shoes. Two jobs later I went to lunch and came back mismatched (again). Who has time to dress back up for two hours?

By 22:30 it was a skull cap, nice shirt and jacket, matching pedal pushers, loud socks, and Teva water shoes. Me. It was me, take it or leave me.

Cinderella was no fairy tale. By midnight, I had, indeed, turned into a punk.

No comments: