Thursday, February 25, 2010

But Wait...There's More!

Bring off road ON.

It was a perfectly nice day so I decided to take my bike for a walk. With every inch of my 2.00s, from bead to bead, splayed across 16th Street, I might as well have been trudging through trail snow.

The time clock was nipping at my heels; however, the thought of surrendering to the local bike shop irked me. I stopped and regrouped. It's okay, I was thoroughly searched by a concerned Basset Hound. Greenies to the rescue: they're great in a pinch! write that down.

So I'm back on the bike soaring toward the park and then climbing back out. Must. Find. Lower. Gear. Wha? Presta! Changed her into a single speed. No tools required.

For the sake of time, I'm forced now to an even more hated 'shop' that must remain nameless. The aproned boy, let's call him HUDSON, takes my bike and says, "This is easy!" Presta! Changed her into an autobike. Batteries not included.

Typical Mecan'tic upgrade. Tighten cable, twist, twist. C'mon! BKE101. sigh

Meanwhile, I go back to work and McGyver a videotape back from the dead. Story at 11.

No comments: