Thursday, February 11, 2010

Whiteout!

I deterred on the side of safety. I do believe I could have biked it, but I wasn't sure the vehiculars would see me. It was cold and breezy, but you tend to not focus on that when you are riding for your life. Your thresholds tend to disappear.

My neighborhood was fine, it always is...well, at least my street. Doesn't hurt to have a plow live at the end of the street. My driver got me fine. Getting Larry...another story.

Uhm, and if someone would have hit me on my bike quite possibly they would have never known. Sincerely, that ride felt like we ran over a morgue of dead bodies. The snow in Brittany and Larry's neighborhoods had not been plowed. The snow kissed the very tall bumper of our superpowered pickup.

Brittany's hood featured snow boarding, right there on the DC street...sweet! Larry, from Jamaica, experienced his first snow drift. His accent most bizarre amidst a blizzard. His boylike amazement adorable.

There was a train on 650. We both heard it, definite train. Lee said, there's no tracks anywhere near here. I said, well then, there is a train very very lost. I wouldn't be surprised, nothing looked familiar.

Had I biked, I would have missed all that excitement.

No comments: