Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm As Right As Can Be

You will never find me that far right. At times I'm not sure I was even on pavement. It was saweeeet.

There in the center, trucks drove. They packed the snow, they plowed the snow, they just added salt. They coulda kilt me. Why does the process to make roads safer seem to make them worse? The just fallen, untouched snow was like riding on clouds. I think it was even easier than dry road!

And I had a thought, with all this talk of snow budgets' bust. I never understood the immense desire to immediately drive anyway...especially since most of these happened on the weekend. But if you really must go...you should pay.

Let the drivers out there buy their own salt and spread it behind their cars. Make salt a requirement to be out on the roads. If they don't have it, fine them.

Plow the essential roads, for emergencies. Let the others to the people. Neighborhoods, start shoveling my friend. Just that small patch of asphalt in front of your casa. If you have a neighbor across from you....just half the work!

Businesses that are not essential and have to be open...pay snow taxes. I don't care if they pass it down to the consumer...those fools shouldn't be out there either!

At least on the weekends....

No comments: