Saturday, January 7, 2012

Suxism

...well not exactly.  I would like to retract everything I said in my previous post. Except the title, I'd like to reiterate that.

Today's ride may well be one of the top 5 worst ever.  Top 3.  IF you only count the rides that sucked because of non-technical issues.  I'm not quite ready to blame the tires, but the way I felt it couldn't possibly be just ONE thing at fault.

I'm almost hoping I've contracted MS or Fibro or the Ebola Virus or something that better explains my acute case of Maximum Gluteus Couchitis.  My performance was horrendous.  I stopped THREE times on may way in.  From home.  To work. 

I was seriously regretting passing by that two year old with her arm outreached, cheerio between her fingers, offering it, to me. I thought, how cute, she is sharing her treats.  I had no idea she was trying to save my life.  Turns out I'm not even smarter than a 2 Year Old.

And so, 50 yards down the road, I BONKED.  Hard.  I debiked.  I sat down.  But I didn't take off my shoes OR helmet.  There was no picnic, but I sure did need it.  Was it the heat?  The lack of breakfast?  Was I tired?  The rhino virus?  WHY was I so tired. 

I stopped again, and refueled on cookies I remembered were in my bag. God love M&M...the couple, not the candy.  Four cookies, filled with short lived sugar bursts.  It got me 150 yards further.  Good!  The zoo.  I HAVE to walk through the zoo, it's not like I CAN'T ride.  I'm NOT ALLOWED to.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Prairie Dogs.  I love prairie dogs.  Maybe I'll just sit here awhile and watch them.  Ooh, the gorillas are out.  What is that, a bird?  A wild, free bird.  Squirrels, now you don't see those everyday... Moms with strollers were beating me up the hill, even while taking in the zebras, or is it zebrae?

Debunking the popular theory, every ride is a good ride.  This one sucked.  Hard.  I might be stuck at work...

No comments: