Friday, January 6, 2012

My Tired Life

If you ask any shop they'll surely tell you it's about tires.  I don't totally agree, the wheels themselves deserve some cred., but for the money it truly is all about the tires.

Once I took my bike in the shop, had them overhaul it while I was off doing RAAM, and when I got back I could barely ride the thing!  You could blame RAAM, but it was all about the tires and the cassette.  I went from mountain to road (11 to 9) and beefy commuter tires.  I sucked some major asphalt.

So you may have questioned my desire to switch from 28s to 35s.  I know!  And it's not like I really needed to put snow tires on my bike, what with temperatures licking 55 degrees. My old commuter mountain bike (may she rest in peace) went from knobby fats to skinny slicks.  Now I'm converting from skinny slicks to knobby fats?  Women!

You don't understand...(I know that's the definition of woman).  I was riding a single speed with 28s.  Now I've got GEARS and a ROAD crank!  I'm cruising despite the knobby fats.  I sound a bit like a Star Wars war craft but better yet I can fly like one!

It's all about what you put into it.  Just like life.  You can sit back and coast stuck on your cycle or you pour your heart and soul into it and really get something out of it.  I mean the scenery is nice either way, but you'll feel so much better if you're not just along for the ride.

And that's all I have to say about that...

No comments: