Saturday, June 7, 2008

We're Here!

Well we made it across the United States. Four people, three vehicles, five days. How many people can really say they drove all the way across the US solo? Well Mom and MtB did. Q and I manned the RV, which was no easy feat. I said I wasn't driving it through a tunnel, a toll both, or a dangerous switchback when I took my first spin Sunday night. Bob gave me a quick lesson on the way to his house and then handed over the wheel at a rest stop. We were on the road a hot second when we came around the bend and Bob said the word tunnel. My eyes got big and my head shot around at him like WHAT?!? And before I knew it I was driving through my first of several tunnels. Then came the toll booths, cement barriers, construction cones, border patrols, and yes, BEYOND dangerous scenic route. At one point I was driving through this adorable town on the side of a mountain with teeny weeny streets and pedestrians everywhere. At the top of the town was a hairpin turn and around the corner was a wide pickup and illegally parked car. Sure enough we were stuck with no where to go. Piece of cake. Who knew I'd totally dig driving an RV?! Who knew it would become the travel of rich people?!? $5.00 gas and rising? Are you kidding?!? Maybe if these Californians would park their Hummers....

No comments: