Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Our Final Night: Last Call 4 No Alcohol

Rouzerville was definitely my favorite Time Station; what's not to love, it was at a bar! That seems almost wrong. Not nearly as wrong as the Time Station in Bloomington that had a mini keg under the tent. And despite the offer of free beer I took iced tea instead. Sylvia and I split games of pool, but I'm certain I would have been better under the influence (or at least I would have thought so). Fun all the same. The owner was super sweet, The Duke cute as they come, and I got some time to chill with the official that's been stalking us from the start. But the truth is I was ready for home. It doesn't really feel like we've been across the country in eight days, however. Running on east coast time and never really stopping made it just feel like a really long ass day. But I miss my furry feline. I want to stretch out on my bed and sleep longer than ninety minutes at a time. I wanted to hear some live tunes. I'd love a cold beer. I wanted sushi and tofu; NO MORE BARS OR NUTS! I need to ride my bike. But I did not want to leave my transient family. Despite our struggles and conflicts I had the time of my life. I saw the country in a way I had always dreamed of. I met towns you never stop in but always say you will. I watched 15 people work together and connect in ways I never expected. I lived the next best network reality show and we never voted one single person off (you know I tried). Who knew I wouldn't hate living in a sardine can on wheels?

No comments: