Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day Two: Pick Your Battles


So far navigation has been a snap; a simple exchange of Route 78 for Route 60 and we are spinning right along. Things have spread out and calmed down quite a bit finally. Not only is California now behind us we are also Beyond Hope at this point. And what is beyond Hope you ask? Congress of course! Time Station 5 and operation 'Pick Up Feather' (which I've been told is often as easy as it sounds). The team is now complete. After Prescott I rejoined the RV crew and watched as our inadequately labeled 'flexible' schedule struggled to touch its toes. I recognized these limitations early in the planning phase, voiced my opinion, argued the blood out of my face, and sat back and watched it unravel over the next 24 hours. I learned the value of a strong team, cooperation, and trust in capable team members. Sadly this learning curve was often at the expense and shortcomings of a stubbornly flawed plan and politically motivated people. I retired to the RV and wisely bit my tongue.

No comments: