Sunday, June 8, 2008

2 More Days

Watched the men's solo start today. I believe I heard a rumor that the top men might sleep a maximum of 10 hours for the duration of their race. Is that not totally insane? I was hoping for about 24 hours for our 7 day stint. But 10 hours for 10 days straight AND ride 3,000 miles!?! Wow.
Team Cycle Smart is now complete (minus Feather, who will be joining us day 2). We had a productive day, stickering the vehicles, discussing the first couple days' strategy, and even getting a tiny mechanical lesson from Matt. It's a lot smoother than I thought, but it's still a bit hectic. There's a ton of things that need to happen in the next couple days that are fairly critical to our success.
So far the team is great, but we'll see how we do on zero sleep. The best advice I got for this thing from someone who's been there, done that is "always say please and thank you, even when you are too tired to do anything else"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Squeak, good luck on the journey back! I'll be checking in on your. Col