Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day Eight: Sat-Tire

Taking a serious situation and making fun of it. From lost to tossed. We put Ohio behind us and took the RV out joyriding. Really we were looking for a dump station. Actually we made a wrong turn and went four wheelin'. At 7mph we were bumping over some serious pot holes and climbing hills I could barely manage in first. When I saw two driveways across from each other I whined that I didn't want to go any further despite the alternative 18-point turn in the middle of the black forest. I also suggested just dropping our load right there. We found our way back and found the dump station and got back on our merry way. Just me, mom, and Jim this leg and we were rewarded at Time Station 45 with a delightful diner breakfast. Funny later that day when we ended up with a second flat tire it was not one of the vehicles we had out off roadin'. For those keeping track: that's TWO Saturn flats and ZERO bicycle flats. Lucky us, I did hear a rumor about another team's RV flat.

No comments: