Tuesday, June 16, 2009

O.L.D.

Today my knee is a little sore. My hips have been tight for days. I can't sleep past 6 and I spend the evenings playing cards.

My younger cohort took me to a punk club at which I was questionably the oldest. I never complained about the 'noise' they call music or the decibel the deem acceptable.

He announced, the bartender was older. Datable, but debatable. And the help doesn't count. Perhaps bartending in a punk club is just hard on a body anyway.

I met up with an old school buddy for a drink. We realized we hadn't seen each other in 25 years; I was half that age the last time I saw him.

Well, this has been fun. I think I'll move on to hang out with some twentysomethings. Sleep for fifty minute shots in chairs and on concrete. If I'm not feeling old now, give me a week.

1 comment:

Johnny Vector said...

Do your riders whine like that? Cause they're all older than you.

Sorry kid, you're never gonna get any age-symp from me. Sleepin-on-concrete-symp, maybe, but nuthin' for age.

Also, is that photo from the punk-club? Cause it looks a little sparse for crowd-surfing.