Friday, June 19, 2009

In One Peace

It’s like when you were 10 and you had a date with a rollercoaster first thing in the morning. More on the anxiety side of that however. I don’t want to sleep. I don’t want to wait. Let’s just get 'er done.

My effort to be sent home was foiled. I didn’t even know it would be a possibility. But there is a plane ticket with my name on it. Someone was getting on a plane hell or high water.

Yes, Mr. Murphy I deserve that 2 in courtesy and tact. In fact, can an evaluation contain a ¼? I call it honest; I don’t have time for tact.

There was confrontation, there were accusations, there was an episode of turrets. I spoke my mind, then didn’t speak at all. How would I survive this week?

Here we were in sunny California, on the beach, beer in hand, showered, fed, well rested and we had issues? Oh good god! I can only image how we will handle each other in three days.

Please send me home. I cannot do this. I am not a leader. I do not take charge. I am not respected. People do not listen to me. I don’t want to learn anymore. I want to go home and hide in my sheets.

I don’t want to fail this team. I don’t want to let Denise down. I don’t want to call jk in tears of frustration and failure. I don’t want to lose my cool. I don’t want to get in Arvee with that person.

Three, two, one, Focus. No one has to like you. You just have to get them across the country and through day three. In one piece. GO.

1 comment:

Johnny Vector said...

Not a leader. Right. Rock on.