Thursday, March 29, 2012

I Found My Match

When I was a kid, right about the age of 12 I bet, my mom said I should collect something. We were sitting at Wendy's with a burger, fries, and frosty. I had no idea this would stay with me for a lifetime. That is a true story, and this was my first pack.

Turns out whatever I was searching for all those years has been here all along. Just glad we both finally figured it out...at the same time.

For those of you who know me it may have seemed like I was never satisfied with anything.  Yes, I knew what I wanted and I wasn't overly interested in settling. Again, you can blame my mom. I had a tall (so to speak) order and some of you said it not possible. Shame on me for listening.

Mom always said, a girl can do anything a boy can do...better. I'm not sure this is what she had in mind...but HANDS UP! Mom was right. Damn that Title IX women's lib shit. The girl doesn't have red pigtails but I'm telling you if she did I'd still love her!

She is smart and witty and fun and sensitive (don't tell her I told you). She enjoys being outside, she writes, she listens, she pretends that she's not.  She knows the value of good beer, eats oreos off the floor (really, don't tell her I told you), sings off key, and makes up her own words. She likes to drive, knows how to use a prehistoric map, listens to ABBA, and can quote John Hughes.

She is there when I need her and lets me help when I can (although she phrases it more like an order and I let her because it makes her feel like she doesn't need me -- when I know she really does). She has a really cute dog, an awesome house, and should be pulling up any second.

I know she didn't think this when she woke up, but I really can't think of a more perfect day. Hi Dear, how was your day, can I get you a beer?

No comments: