Monday, March 26, 2012

Horror Trailer

CUT! Parker heard the news that we were cutting back due to my recent employment situation. Not wanting to miss a meal, she decided to try her hand at writing/directing, you know to bring extra money in.

Unfortunately things went horribly wrong during the dress rehearsal of her latest masterpiece. We had ourselves a near fatal kite incident in the office today. It began with blood curdling screams and ended with actual blood. Yet another inconvenient distraction in the workspace called home.

It wasn't her fault. I heard the kite attacking her from the living room to the kitchen. Then came the screaming. At first I thought she was rehearsing, but the screams were loud and real and unstopping. When I entered the room I saw the kite flying across the room...We had gone over NO BALL PLAYING IN THE HOUSE, we had never honestly discussed flying a kite. Noted.

Like a fool I ran to her aid. She promptly repaid me by impaling my finger with her fangs. And then continued her drama routine. It may have been overly dramatic. When it was all said and done all that had happened was she had slipped her paw through the plastic handle. She then proceeded to act like Janet Leigh at the hands of Anthony Perkins. It's not like the string was wrapped around her intestine and pulled tight.

Later we will review the fable of the little boy who cried wolf. Right now she is resting comfortably and I am planning a life with one less finger, just in case it turns black and falls off.

No comments: