Monday, March 12, 2012

Believe It Or Not

It wasn't quite a Jake Ryan moment but it was close enough. And it makes perfect sense to me that this biker chick would prefer a pickup to a Porsche any day.

My girl thought it might rain on me today so she decided to surprise me and pick me up at work. It was quite a surprise. She lives 150 miles away.

That's right she drove 2.5 hours just to drive me home from work. She blamed the dog. Like Ripley said, hey mom I feel like squeezing my ass in the cab of your pickup where I'd like to sit still for about two hours. Turns out dogs can't tell time. She sat still for around about two minutes. Now that you mention it, I don't think dogs can't talk either. So this had to be her crazy idea.

She thinks I think she's crazy. I don't. I think she's pretty amazing. I could list all the reasons why here but I bet you don't want to hear it and she already knows. I'm not sure when I became one of those couples, but I'm not complaining, feel free to gag at my happiness, I don't mind at all.

Right about now you're saying, I don't know what this has to do with a bike. But you did see how she picked me up above right? Bike. Truck. Whisked away. And besides I'm on the ride of my life, so there you have it.

To recap, my Jake Ryan drives a truck not a sports car and who knew, answers to She not He. If you don't know what I'm talking about you're either decades younger than us or you had your head in the sand during the 80s. She got it right away. Damn Mom, Got my headgear on!

No comments: