Sunday, February 20, 2011

32-28-35

A quickie search of the blog brings up about 10 posts, but I bet it's even more. The tire and it's impending flatness is a recurring theme here.

This is about the tire, not so yet, the flat. Should it ever come to that...I'm effinghamed.

The 35s on my rims have become affectionately known as my tank tires. But let me ask you, have you ever tried to pedal a tank? Right.

So I decided to drop to 32. But man, what a bitch to get them on! I committed the ultimate sin...I stuck a tire lever in there to wiggle the tire on the rim. It's okay, I managed to avoid pinching the tube. But right after I took this picture it broke. In the rim. Between the tire.

I then grabbed a metal screwdriver and dug at the tire, pinched at the lever, scratched up the rim. Begged to the wheel, prayed to whomever was listening. My dear sweet Catherine d'Arlington... Yes, I realize this wasn't the wisest of moves.

Oh but, I found success, and I think it still holds air. For now. But see above. If they ever go flat, someone special is getting a phone call. Hello, Cyclerescue service? Meet you in the usual spot? Great, see you then.

Funny, those measurements above, might actually be spot on.

No comments: