Sunday, February 6, 2011

Can I Get A Zamboni?

I do okay on ice. Usually. And I ride through anything. Normally. Else'n your feets get wet. But today...my feets got wet.

I walked. Or skated. Or something. Walking my bike was a little bit like walking my dog...and we all know how that turned out.

When I got back up on the bike I played chicken the whole way in. Get on your own side with your wide knobby tires! Not to sound peahenny (that is to say, cocky) I can ride on ice better than some of these folks can walk.

But I'm late thanks to the off road luge track back there. It's bad enough my taxes do nothing to clear MY personal commute, but this freeze, refreeze routine? Over it! The bumps and ruts on my slicks, were, uhm, yeah, like that.

And if you think the road was any better, think again. Yo, Motorheads, a word of advice: give me room to make my own decisions, but please do not try to think for me. Chances are you are making it worse by guessing on how to make it better.

Truthfully, you can probably apply this rule universally in your life...it covers a lot.

No comments: