Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ReNews

I ride a bike to work. I use thrice patched bike tubes cut down as rubber bands. My lights run off rechargeable batteries. I have a purse made of tubes; my jewelry is used bike parts.

I wash my plastic baggies and use them repeatedly. I drink my soda from cans not plastic bottles. I have never in my life bought a trash bag (or band-aids...just a little known fact).

I reuse my dehumidifier water for my plants. My bike was bought used. I don't use AC and I use very little heat. I don't shower (at least not when I'm not dating). I drink water from the faucet.

I will use a 9Volt 'til the juice is drained. I have pulled batteries out of the really dead batteries bin at work shaking my head and tsk tsking.

I hate the new light bulbs. I won't use them. I like to dim the lights. I throw batteries in the trash can. I use tape like JD uses batteries.

I know it's the week of Earth Day, save the planet, love the earth, recycle, reuse, reduce...but I'm really just cheap. Frugal, thrifty, old school. I was pampered in cloth. I regret to inform you I'm not really green, I just like to keep it.

No comments: