Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Barley and the Magic Spoon

Hey Brownie, you really are doing a heckuva job!

I know it's hard to believe, but Barley-the-Cat, although once able to build URLs (not to be confused with FORLS) with her ass, is now afraid of her own food bowl.

She approaches like its food and she's as starving as she is. She struggles, she gags, she falls into full retreat mode. She looks at me. The food bowl. Me. Bowl. How could I let her near it?

Then she growls. At- the bowl! She circles, as if thinking about a stealth attack, then remembers she's Barley...and forgets...now what was I circling again?

Food! Yum. Ow! This time she takes a bite and flies across the room like she's got the devil in her belly. And it is attacking from the inside looking to get out. I'm not sure what happens, it occurs under the couch...but it sounds awful. Like aliens are preparing to take her to their leader.

Sherlina Holmes, detective that she is, was on a mission to discover a feeding option. She came up with a few. I accidentally found The Magic Spoon. You can eat once, you can eat twice...at the Magic Spoon....

Keeping evil at bay, The Magic Spoon makes magic happen. From a simple spoon placed in the bowl. Barley is no longer afraid of what doesn't lie within. She still doesn't eat much, but something. It's something. It is.

I've slipped a magic spoon in my bag...I may be turned away from the Smithsonian, but I'll take every bit of luck I can against 5 ton military trucks...it's all I got. It is.

RIP ch.

No comments: