Friday, April 16, 2010

Better Than Geico

I just saved you a ton of money on your car insurance!

I don't do it often, but I think the rules are the same. You pick a lane and you stay in it unless you signal to get out and here's the important part you missed: look before you execute. I saw you look after, it's not nearly as effective that way.

I looked. Even in that split second you gave me, I looked. I mean really, it was so quick you fooled my fight or flight. I save you a ton of cash AND you rob me of my adrenalin rush?!

I thought about the repair bills, the pain in my back that won't go away, the increase on your insurance, the time without your car, making you late for wherever you were rushing to. Did you consider any of this? I mean after you tried to run me off the road. (my Magic Spoon was in my bike bag...I was obviously driving).

I thought it was only fair that you stop to give me a check. Sure, paper or plastic; whatever you got. A hundred would have been nice, but $500 would have been a sleek bargain. If you had thought about it. But if you had thought about it, you might have stayed in your lane.

Whatever....I spent the day putting bikes together...like Christmas Eve. Rose colored pedals.

No comments: