Friday, January 1, 2010

Doing A Heckuva Job Brownie


That pop up says: "Would you like to validate this website?"

I am updating my resume as we speak. Computer skills...heavy. Surely if I can't figure it out Barley's ass can.

I am not lying. I was downstairs working Sudoku. I heard the computer beeping upstairs so I went to investigate. What I found was one brown cat sobre la laptop. On the screen was a string of letters, a screen I had never seen before, and a box confirming the creation of a new website. Oh, and given her age, apparently she had increased the font so it was easier to see.

There are two valuable lessons here. One, I am selling myself short on my skills listed on my resume. If one less than bright cat can create a website in 5 minutes or less...my talents are clearly currently misrepresented. Two, if one less than bright cat can create a website in 5 minutes or less....think of the revenue two cats could bring in while I sit and do Sudoku.

Psst..Parker, pay attention, this is your gravy train!

No comments: