Friday, January 8, 2010

Bitter Cold

What is this? My dearest Key Bridge, I thought we shared something special. You, me, Mary Todd made three, yes as in Lincoln.

It was just yesterday; I realize it was my first time, but twice in one day! I stopped, admiring your beauty. You blew ever so fiercly in my ear. I noticed with such strength how you stood mightily above the frozen Potomac.

And then today, you unashamedly took another. Took another before me no less! Here I stood at three in the morning only to find some other had already ridden you.

I was salty and wet and shocked...well actually the only suspension is in my heart. You truly are the Key to my unhappiness.

You are like concrete, so cold. Rode hard and put away wet...is that all I was to you? Road, check. Wet, check. Well, that's all you are to me too.

No comments: