Monday, February 20, 2012

That's What SHE Said

That's it I have IT.  And like most ITs, I'm not even sure what IT is. She says mangoriadermitisfungusamongusism and she is trying to name it after me. I'm still not sure.

Earlier we discussed whether it could be the bacon. Or maybe I tried to pin it on that, she just listened. It appears from her diagnostic classification she has blamed the mango, which I also suspected, but more for the blog effect. I didn't really believe it.

It's a much better story to say the fruit that has caused me so much pleasure has also caused me, well, this incredible flushed, red, itchy rash all over my...get your mind out of the gutter...face, eyes, and ears. It's not that kind of rash.

Are you certain it's not the bacon? Doesn't the world revolve around Bacon? I've heard that some where, something about 6 degrees. I mean I've eaten a lot of it. 4.5 lbs, or rather 2.0411656650000003kg to be exact. Maybe my ears aren't swollen, just fat! Can bacon make your ears fat? Will a dog bite a pig's ear?

Either Or. Neither Neither. It's my last shot at mangoes so just pack my face in ice and don't look at me. Can't we blame the smog? The heat? They had that here and Bohol. Let's go with heat. It CAN'T be the fruit.

Uhoh. I just googled it. The peel of the mango can carry oils similar to poison ivy.  Here look at this:
A: Mango is in the same botanical family as poison ivy. The sap of the tree and the rind of the mango fruit contain urushiol, the oil that causes the poison ivy rash. The pulp of the mango fruit does not contain urushiol, so if someone is sensitive to poison ivy, they can have someone else peel the fruit for them and then they can eat the fruit without harm.

Are you seeing what I'm seeing?!?! Do you know how allergic I am to poison ivy?? Why didn't someone tell me this. Mom? Hello, Nurse Judy?? Bueller? Anyone? This is actually starting to sound familiar...

Would it be okay if I give up Mangoes for lent this year?? Unless of course you are willing to feed them to me?


Mam, please DON'T TOUCH THE MANGOES!!!

No comments: