Tuesday, February 21, 2012

If This Is X Then That's WHY!

I'm somewhat unprepared to blog, but I have to get this out there now before it's too late... I need to hurry home cuz I've got a girl back in the States. I've just always wanted to say that.

But looky here.  I need to take two planes to get back to the USA. Hold your hats folks, let the reading math problem begin. Plane A leaves at 6:10am. Plane B leaves at 12:30pm. There's actually a Plane C, but I didn't want to confuse you.

It's Tuesday where I am going. And Wednesday here where I currently am.It will still be Tuesday when I leave, but it will really be Wednesday. I've already completed Tuesday.

The first plane ride is 4 or 5 hours, I don't even know. It lands at 10:30am. Here's where it gets really tricky. Plane B also lands at 10:30am. Let me get this straight. BOTH planes land at the exact same time? Whoozeesaywha?? Today? As in Today? Or is it tomorrow? Or yesterday?

Wait, wait there's one more thing. Plane B takes off at 12:30pm and arrives at 10:30am. For those of you still trying to do the math, that's two hours before it leaves. Two hours before it leaves? It circumnavigates half the globe and arrives before it leaves? Arrives before it leaves? That's Why!  And you wonder why I HATE word problems.

Total trip time: I leave at 6am and arrive at 6pm. The same day. But I'm really leaving at 5pm on Tuesday and arriving at 6pm on Wednesday. Is that 12 or 24 hours? Neither? Well, it can't be both! Can anyone please tell me how many hours it will be before I see that afore mentioned girl in the States??

That's too much!

No comments: