Saturday, February 11, 2012

Moove.

Today I was out with the boys. The thing about riding with boys--well, there's a lot of things about riding with boys...

For instance, you can't just follow them off trail. Chances are they are meandering for a reason. To take care of other business. Business I don't need to be part of.

So as we were riding along and one darted right, I followed the 3 straight ahead naturally. Turns out I really didn't know where I was going, shocker! But for a change I have a pictorial map of my journey in my pocket. Caribou, rock, bamboo, Purok. And I was following the herd.

Finally, my phone rings. I struggle to retrieve it from my pack without losing my only tangible means back to civilization. They are the only link I have back to my world, and this blasted phone is putting a chink in my chain. Have you SEEN the trail; I can't ride and talk!

Hello?
You're LOST!
I am not!
Where are you?
okay,okay,okay...
click. ring.
Hello?
Ask one of the other guys
What other guys? I'm by myself.
By YOURSELF?!? Where are you??
Haven't we covered this one?
click. ring.
Hello?
Put one of the guys on the phone...
Implied and covered, next question.

Will you PLEASE STOP CALLING ME! Or I really am going to be lost!

No comments: