Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I've Misplaced Tuesday

I know this says Tuesday, but it's actually Wednesday. Phew. That was some trip. I left Monday, and arrived a Moron. I am bracing for a lot more of that. First, when we arrived at the hotel it looked quite under construction. Not a car in the parking lot, not a soul in the 'lobby'.

Turns out the lobby is on 5U, not the ground floor.  Not there by the main entrance. Really, no where in sight.  It's okay though because you have to be wanded before you can go in by some uniformed man who just magically appeared. I wish he had kept an eye on my hat because it vanished as soon as I arrived. DO YOU HEAR WHAT I AM SAYING...MY HAT VANISHED.  I am not sure how I can go on. This IS my security blanket.

Then there was the perfect English I don't quite understand. I mean, some of the words are twisted around but I shouldn't be struggling as much as I am. And if they told me how to get into my room....well I missed it.

I'm staying in a Best Western, you can see the door key in the picture.  This isn't foreign to me, I've stayed in a room before. My campsites don't require them, but I've stayed in a hotel once or twice.  Well, you'd never know it. Turns out this was a blessing, not getting into the room.  So the bell hop saved the day and got me in and he placed the card in this slot, which I didn't love because I'm going to forget it.

He neglected to mention that 'slot' powers the whole joint. No card, no juice.  Could someone PLEASE point out what I need to stick where in order to get HOT WATER.  Please, I ain't too clean to beg!

No comments: