Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It's The E-Can-omy Stupid

I never realized how difficult it can be to find PBR. A few weeks ago I went to the Total Beverage in VA. I asked for PBR in a can. And you see I'm drinking Bud. Total Beverage, does not include PBR, in a can.

It's all about the can. Precious metal you know. Platinum, Gold, Silver, Copper, Aluminum. It's a tough economy; don't knock the penny worthy can.

Just this past week we watched a pickup drive by; CanMan, we called him. He had all kinds of cans blowing out the back of his pickup. We used to call that trash.

I thought, really? He went through all that trouble to get those cans and he's gonna let them fly out the back like Styrofoam peanuts? Nope, he was back in a jif with a buddy who ran behind picking up the discarded can$.

Just today I threw the metal casing from my faulty dehumidifier at the curb. I wondered if they'd take it. Oh, they took it alright. Well, somebody did, before the trash men even came. It's a crazy, canny world.

And for the record, I'm only drinking piss beer for the free glass of water that comes with every can. It saves me the trouble and cuts back on the dehydration headaches. And, apparently feeds the neighbors. I'm doing my part. It's the American way.

No comments: