Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Sun Will Come Out...


No disrespect to Sassafras but has anyone seen my local brick and mortar? With all this talk about debt ceilings, unemployment, and the economy I couldn't help but notice an empty building down the street.

When did American Business go out of business? Come to think of it, when did NW DC become Detroit?? I might have noticed sooner but I was, uh, working, ironically. What I did notice tonight was the only one business left in the block long building in Cleveland Park...Daddy Starbucks of course.

And unlike Sassafras, no sign will coax my shops back. The signs left on the storefront read "After 57 years..." FIFTY SEVEN YEARS?!?!....Are you serious? Okay, okay, stand down, Sullivans is still here. It's just around the corner and bigger and better than ever. I am serious.

And let's be real. Sassafras is a Beagle! A beagle. Not your lazy Snoopy variety beagle, but a full blown bloodhounded beagle. She'll find her way home. She will, when she's good and ready. It takes a long time to sniff everything at a dog park. Imagine sniffing everything from Cleveland to Takoma Park!

No comments: