Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Squeaky's Wheel

Did you see? They removed the STOP signs from Little Falls. DAYS ago. D.A.Y.S.... Not that anywheel noticed.

Not true, someone just noted it on the listserv. That's it, just noted it. No back and forth. No high fiving. Not even bitching and moaning (I know!). No citing the laws and the codes and the Bible for Christ sake.

Yes, per Code 2.45 Section 5.3b, you won. If you interpret 'vehicle' to mean.... I know, I know, someone has to hold them accountable. Hell, a Master Plan is just a book full of pretty bike drawings and rack dreams if you don't wave it in developers' faces...not that it still does much good.

And it's only an island free of stop signs, so keep squeaking Wheel. They haven't straightened out the crosswalk yet, but who knows they might. If you keep whining maybe they'll pick the damn thing up, give it a good shake, and lay it back down straight across the road. They might.

But I gotta tell you today I rode the road not the trail and it's a lot going on. I'm not sure where to look. There's a sign over there and another over here and two more right there! Oops, was that a crosswalk I just blew through?

No comments: