Friday, March 4, 2011

Don't Call Me Al


Up until now I have ridden aluminum, aluminum, and mostly aluminum. From here on out, I will never ride aluminum again. Not really.

But really, save the aluminum for the cans. I know, I know, they make planes out of aluminum, but really how much ground do they cover?

I've heard this time and again, "but aluminum is a terribly, uncomfortable ride." No, I love it! Ignorance is bliss...and CHEAP.

I was skeptical about the bamboo. Really, that woody weed I always see draped across the trail after a storm? You're gonna make a sturdy bike frame from that? The breakfast of panda champions? Awwright....

But it's a head turner right? I mean how many have you seen weaving through traffic? So I gave it a test ride. And I pulled up to the light, yeah, I'm gonna stop at every single one now, maybe even green ones...just so you can get a good look at it!

So I pull up to the light and I look around to see who's checking me out. There to my right, well, she's overly distracted in applying another coat of heavy mascara.

Next to her, a lady in uber-black sunglasses; she might actually be blind. Which would explain why she almost hit me. And although I am curious what will happen to the bamboo in an accident, I'm not overly interested in finding out first hand.

Oh forget it, when it comes down to it, it's not how it looks, let me tell you about how this bike FEELS... Like I'm riding on tank tires, that's how it feels. I don't feel the road much at all!

NOW I know what everyone is talking about with aluminum frames...yuck. Don't worry, I'm still gonna ride the other 18 bikes I own, but you really can judge a bike by it's cover.

1 comment:

James said...

That might be one of the coolest bike-related things I've ever seen. Maybe second only to seeing you ride your collapsible bike around a TV studio on air.