Friday, March 25, 2011

Like a Good Neighbor

Dios te pague.

My Spanish is how do you say....quite a bit rusty. In fact, I can barely tell you the color of my bicicleta, but certainly not ALL of them. ¿Cómo se dice bamboo?

I'm fairly sure the above phrase can be loosely translated as: non-profit bonus because my boss gives it to me at the end of every week. Especially the ones when I put in extra hours.

But as I mentioned, my Spanish ain't so great. This is why I keep a Spanish dictionary in my pants. Not really, but really. There's something Hispanic in my pants I swear. It comes in handy from time to time.

Like this one time at band camp...

Completely unrelated, I saw this scene on the beltway today. Man, that ditty must really work. Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there. Before 911 in fact. That's an accident on 495, ambulance, State Farm vehicle, and Fire truck apparati.

I'm going to try that the next time I turn in my time sheet. Like a buen vecino, State Farm is there...with a bonus!

No comments: