Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Kettle: Black

You can buy more bike than you need, or you can train to be a better rider. I'm just sayin'...

I'll keep my front suspension thank you very much. This is the East Coast not Moab. I don't need all that tail. I've got plenty of squish in my own.

Those who have it rave. And think everyone who doesn't is an idiot. I'll save the cash, enjoy the weight, and use my muscle a little bit minus the full suspension.

It takes a little more handling. A little more strength. Basically better skillz. With suspension in the back you can get lazy, rely on your frame, skimp on the skill.

It's a bit like reporting. You can either be a better reporter, or use the little sumpin' sumpin' you got instead. You can dress professional, prepare questions, and walk respectfully into a football locker room. I mean, to take an example from the headlines...

OR, you can paint on some jeans you have to shave to get into, drop your cleavage out your v-neck, and flip your hair from in front of the microphone. Trust me, you'll get the interview.

Either will work, but don't cry 'sexual harassment' when the testosterone responds. Please. Speaking of tail...

No comments: