Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dam Left

L.E.F.T.

Left. There was a left. We missed the left. We should have turned left. Right?

R.I.G.H.T.

Right. This looks right. Nancy says it’s right. Remember we left Feather right there?

How can I argue with that? Of course it looks right, I live right there. I am left out here all the time; just me and my bike. It absolutely looks familiar.

But the RAAM route says left. I can’t find a map and the computer is blue. Not blue meaning sad, but blue meaning good. Not. Off. Route.

But the left? I can’t find it on the computer. The cue sheet says left. Mile 16. Brighton Dam Road. At the light.

Wrong? The RAAM route is wrong? Really? Are you sure? Of course it looks right, but the left…

Lost in my own backyard. I am sure we missed the left, but this does look familiar. I remember the church. But what about this left? How could we have missed it?

Look at the picture. Clearly it is a blind turn. A poorly signed intersection. Easily missed. Confusing and camouflaged. Dam!

If only there had been a sig….I mean maybe if the sign were bigg…perhaps if there were blinking ligh…well I mean if the left had really been gaily forward we were already ready already. Right there waiting for the car that apparently steered left.

1 comment:

Johnny Vector said...

Oh that's where you had the problem. Yeah, the wildlife changed that all around; last time I was there it was all Caterpillars and Deere.