Monday, August 15, 2011

Racer Profiling

So I hear they are pulling cyclists over for running stop signs now. Deliberately staking out areas in hopes of catching the two-wheeled offenders.

Well, I hope it's not just the two-wheelers. That would be somewhat unfair. What about the four-wheeled infractions? I hope they don't give them a thumbs up and drive on....it's been known to happen when drivers commit wrongs.

I know, I know, NONE of them do it. Drivers don't run stop signs or red lights. If they did the county might start installing cameras to try and catch them.

Take case MD-8DDK11. She failed to come to a complete stop at a stop sign and almost killed me in the process. I think she may have been distracted by the hands on cell phone call she was engrossed in.

Yes, yes, she very well may have employed her turn signal-- I hadn't noticed as I rode for my life around her front bumper (perhaps this is an egregious exaggeration, but makes for a better blog). Regardless, she did indeed finally yield right-of-way.

Technically, I suppose she did stop near the Stop Sign. Does that count?


No comments: