Sunday, August 1, 2010

FukenGroovin'



Can you sue a church for false advertising? I'm pretty sure my car was NOT baptized before it was booted from the premises. What they meant to say was:

Unwelcome to the Vienna Assembly of God UNAUTHORIZED VEHICLES WILL BE PERSECUTED.



I checked before I parked. There was no sign saying I couldn't park there. Yet, when I returned, someone was in the parking lot shooing away outsiders.



Open Doors. Open Minds. Closed Parking Lots? You are welcome, but your car is not. Oh right, that's the Methodists. Obviously not the God Assemblers. I tried to gAssemble and I was asked to leave.



Humanitarian when it's convenient, or a ticket to heaven, or a method of atonement. I get it. PS...there is no U in God.



We are just as selfish as the next guy, and it's OUR lot. "Forgive me Father for I have turned away your flock at your doorstep. You might have to give a little something extra to get her back."



Please, come in, sit down, pray with us. Leave a tip at the door. Open your heart to Jesus, but get your damn car out of our Fukenlot. Amen.


No comments: