Thursday, January 1, 2009

Powerless

Ohhh, stationary bike. Yeah, I get it Doc. A bike that you pedal that doesn't go anywhere.

I DO ride one of those. In fact I rode one to work today. No, I don't work at home; why do you ask?

I tucked my shirt in thrice, pulled my socks up to my nipples, and buckled my helmet super tight.

Then, I navigated the street like some gnarly single track buried deep in the forest. It was a minefield of branches, debris, and trash cans.

Sadly, the helmet was more of a wind deflector than a melon protector. It would be no match for a tree trunk on my noggin.

Even a three foot bubble would be no match for Mom Nature. I wrestled my girl and I kept her in line, but only to a point. Before I knew it I was straddling the center line with a tank on my tail.

Sheesh. Home was no different. Substitute "debris and trash cans" for "drunks and ash fans". Happy New Year!

Let's go fly a bike, Gear down for the fight, Let's go fly a bike!





No comments: