Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Linden Bridge Is Falling Down

It's no joke. The bridge on Linden has a hole in it. It's coming apart at the seams I tell you.

To the average driver I'm sure it looks just like a pesky pothole. To the pedestrian pedaler it's no nursery rhyme.

I'm on Linden, I lower my stance, I can see the Beltway in just one glance!

It's true, I can. Clear as the brake lights glaring back at me, I can see the Beltway through the road. Road THROUGH road. This, as they say, is never good.

I'm just saying, Be Careful out there. In your two ton tin lizzie. Bouncing along on your chassis. Motoring along the highway. Mouthing off the cyclist on the right.

You are safe for now. I am pleased to report there is a plate straddling the chasm that once was a bridge. But I would still tread lightly. And be kind to those bikers, they can see what you cannot. They are not the cause of the disrepair, but they could detect it.

No comments: