Sunday, January 6, 2013

Stop Waffling

Once upon a time I cried to my friend, "I just want someone to make me pancakes in the morning." See, I'm not great with breakfast foods and even worse at pancakes. And I don't want them often but every now and again I get a hankering for pancakes.

And I thought my time would never come. I would never be so lucky as to find someone to love who loved me back. No one to share my life with. No one to swap social theories or life dreams. No one to have sleep overs, pillow fights, or pint night...and I'm talking ice cream here. No one to decorate the tree, drive while I sleep, or tell me to put my laundry away. No one, damn it, to make me pancakes and coffee!
 
And this friend that I whined to about life and pancakes gave it to me straight that day, "Girl, you need to learn how to make your own pancakes!"
 
Well, I never did. To this day I still can't make pancakes. But I did get a waffle maker for Christmas. Actually I got a waffle machine, the waffle maker has been around for a while...and she claims she's not great with pancakes either. But she does make a mean egg.

No comments: