Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's A Trap

No creatures were hurt in the making of this photograph...the blog, however, a different story.

So, I couldn't help but notice the girl's sadness whenever we came home to the country home to find empty mousetrap, empty mousetrap, empty mousetrap. Behind the dryer, in the ceiling, in the attic, nipping at my toe in the bathroom...

You may recall she had an escaped colony from NIMH creating a humansized mouse maze within the walls of her country home not so long ago. Well, perhaps long ago and never moving out, hence the headsized hole that now hangs in the spare room. And I don't have to tell you, nobody likes a sad girl. So I fixed it. Fixed it like one might fix a basketball game or an SAT score.
 
Because you can't really make a mouse jump in a trap, you do what you can. I borrowed a kitty's Christmas gift, as you can see above, stocked the stockade. It was cute for all of about a half second. THEN, we found the crime scene in the next room. When we checked trap #2 in the Hot Zone, ZAM! ZING! BOOM! Ladies and Germs we have a broken-necked-blood-drained winner! And my dear Watson, just to be clear, my work here is done.
 
After I confirmed the carcass was present and lifeless, dangling precariously above our heads just out of sight in the ripped apart ceiling, I slowly removed myself from the ladder, tagged the girl, and stepped aside, like any good city girl would. This is after all her kill. My job is to set the scary, snapping traps, thank god. Occasionally I rig them with fluffy catnipped replicas, for the sake of exciting the girl, and apparently then, I am called in to confirm when they've been successfully deactivated. At that point I then call in the CSI team, which does NOT include me.
 
I just lure them in...Girl!
 
"The bitch set me up"
  

1 comment:

James said...

Also acceptable alternative would be a computer mouse, a Mickey replica, or for a little word play the worlds smallest Moose.

There's a written manual explaining what happens if you give a mouse a cookie... but I don't recall the section on 'if you give a mouse a spine fracture'.

One hopes the family doesn't hold a grudge....