Friday, January 27, 2012

Gone Fishing

What a difference a year makes. I've had a particularly craptastic time of it...until I decided not to. Talking helps; friends help; listening helps. Dancing...helps. Attitude Adjusted. Mission Defined.

I've recently added a fresh breeze to my life. She rocks. She types in italics. Accidentally. And shows her teeth about it.  She makes me smile, and laugh out loud. She is a good friend.

I am so lucky to be surrounded by good friends. Friends that remind me about the importance of life. Friends that encourage me to dance and sing out loud, real loud. Friends that remind me to put my passion into work AND work into passion. I have refound my smile.

I've taken to midday dance downs. It's fun. I dance in the living room.  I dance in the kitchen.  I dance down the hall. Last night I almost danced in the bar, but I didn't want to be refused my next beer. It wasn't that kind of bar.

I heard today my new life motto.  Last night it was Carpe Carp, which I still like, but is really a "you had to be there" moment. Today it is I haven't seen nearly enough sunsets yet. Cue the midlife crisis; I am ready.

Sara Bareilles:
There's too many things that I haven't done yet
Too many sunsets
I haven't seen
You can't waste the day wishing it'd slow down
You would've thought by now
I'd have learned something
There's too many things i haven't done yet
Too many sunsets i haven't seen

No comments: